Instructions for Activating or Replacing Your kajeet Phone
November 30, 2010
If you got someone a kajeet cell phone for the holidays, or if you received one, the first thing you need to do is to activate your phone. You can do this entirely online! Need help? Just reference our FAQs below:
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased.
The phone I want to activate is for a NEW kajeet user (someone who has not had a kajeet phone before). What do I do?
Activating your phone is easy! Click here to get started. Be sure to have the kajeet phone you are activating with you, as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I’m already a kajeet customer. I want to transfer my current kajeet service to a new/different phone. What do I do?
To switch your current service to a new phone (for an existing kajeet user), just follow these steps:
1. Log into kajeet here.
2. Go to your Account Summary page. Scroll down the page to access the “Add a Phone” tab, as shown below.
3. Click on the “Add a Phone” tab. You will see an option that reads “Replace a Phone.” Click on the link right underneath (the one we circled below).
4. You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new kajeet phone handy during this process!).
What if I am moving/porting my existing cell phone number to kajeet?
You will need to contact kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies and they are all busy at this time of year).
How can I reach kajeet Customer Care and what are the kajeet holiday Care hours?
Our Care department can be reached at 1-866-452-5338 or at email@example.com. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking care personnel the day off with their families.
Our Holiday Care Hours are as follows:
- Monday, December 6 – Friday, December 10: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, December 11: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Monday, December 13 – Friday, December 17: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, December 18: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Monday, December 20 – Wednesday, December 22 – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, December 23 – Friday, December 24: 8:00 am to 12:00 am
- Saturday, December 25: closed
- Sunday, December 26 – Tuesday, December 28: 8:00 am to 12:00 am
- Wednesday, December 29 – Friday, December 31 – 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online!
If you decided to give a kajeet phone as a gift this holiday, we thank you! Have a happy holiday!