December 11, 2013
Did you make someone’s holiday extra happy this year with a new smartphone or cell phone from Kajeet? If so, the first thing you need to do is activate it. Activating or replacing your Kajeet phone can be done entirely online, whether you purchased a phone from our website or will be bringing your own device. To help, we’ve provided the answers to some commonly asked questions below. And if there’s something we haven’t covered, you may always contact our Customer Care team via phone at 1-866-452-5338 or via Live Help on our website!
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each Kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased. If you are bringing your own eligible device (learn more about this program here), you will be prompted to select a rate plan at this time.
I am a new Kajeet customer activating a phone to get a new phone number. What do I do?
Click here to get started. Be sure to have the phone you are activating with you (whether it was purchased from our website or you are activating a used, inactive Sprint® device), as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I am an existing Kajeet customer adding another phone to my account. What do I do?
Adding an additional phone to your account is easy!
- Log into Kajeet here.
- Go to your Account Summary page. Select “Activate a Device” as shown below.
- You will then be asked to enter the ESN or MEID of the additional phone you are activating (please have this phone available).
If you purchased a new device from Kajeet, or are bringing your own device, follow these steps to switch your current service to a new/different phone (for an existing Kajeet user):
- Log into Kajeet here.
- Go to your Account Summary page. Select the “Replace a Device” icon as shown below.
- You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new phone handy during this process!).
You will need to contact Kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to Kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact Kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies).
How can I reach Kajeet Customer Care and what are the holiday Kajeet Care hours?
Our Customer Care team is available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET and on Saturday from 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET. Our Care team may be reached via phone at 1-866-452-5338, via Live Help on our website or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking Care personnel the day off to spend with their families.
Our Holiday Care hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, December 11 – Saturday, December 14: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Monday, December 16 – Saturday, December 21: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Monday, December 23: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Tuesday, December 24: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Wednesday, December 25: Closed
- Thursday, December 26 – Friday December 27: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Saturday, December 28: 9:00 at ET to 1:00 am ET
Customer Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online (and remember, you can always reach our friendly Care representatives via online Live Help)!
Sprint is a trademark of Sprint.