December 11, 2013
Did you make someone’s holiday extra happy this year with a new smartphone or cell phone from Kajeet? If so, the first thing you need to do is activate it. Activating or replacing your Kajeet phone can be done entirely online, whether you purchased a phone from our website or will be bringing your own device. To help, we’ve provided the answers to some commonly asked questions below. And if there’s something we haven’t covered, you may always contact our Customer Care team via phone at 1-866-452-5338 or via Live Help on our website!
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each Kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased. If you are bringing your own eligible device (learn more about this program here), you will be prompted to select a rate plan at this time.
I am a new Kajeet customer activating a phone to get a new phone number. What do I do?
Click here to get started. Be sure to have the phone you are activating with you (whether it was purchased from our website or you are activating a used, inactive Sprint® device), as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I am an existing Kajeet customer adding another phone to my account. What do I do?
Adding an additional phone to your account is easy!
- Log into Kajeet here.
- Go to your Account Summary page. Select “Activate a Device” as shown below.
- You will then be asked to enter the ESN or MEID of the additional phone you are activating (please have this phone available).
If you purchased a new device from Kajeet, or are bringing your own device, follow these steps to switch your current service to a new/different phone (for an existing Kajeet user):
- Log into Kajeet here.
- Go to your Account Summary page. Select the “Replace a Device” icon as shown below.
- You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new phone handy during this process!).
You will need to contact Kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to Kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact Kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies).
How can I reach Kajeet Customer Care and what are the holiday Kajeet Care hours?
Our Customer Care team is available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET and on Saturday from 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET. Our Care team may be reached via phone at 1-866-452-5338, via Live Help on our website or via email at email@example.com. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking Care personnel the day off to spend with their families.
Our Holiday Care hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, December 11 – Saturday, December 14: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Monday, December 16 – Saturday, December 21: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Monday, December 23: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Tuesday, December 24: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Wednesday, December 25: Closed
- Thursday, December 26 – Friday December 27: 9:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET
- Saturday, December 28: 9:00 at ET to 1:00 am ET
Customer Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online (and remember, you can always reach our friendly Care representatives via online Live Help)!
Sprint is a trademark of Sprint.
November 25, 2013
Did you know that Kajeet provides not one, but two easy (and free!) ways to manage your kid’s text messaging?
- If you want to designate specific phone numbers your kid can (and cannot) communicate with, use Contact Manager.
- If you want to disable text messaging entirely, this option is available in Feature Manager.
Whichever way you prefer, you can always make changes to your account settings as desired. Log in today and check it out!
November 12, 2013
Start shopping for a smartphone or cell phone for your kid today and take advantage of FREE USPS Priority shipping, now through 12/25/13. Pick from the popular Samsung Galaxy S IV, the ZTE Fury, the Kyocera Echo and others, then just select the free shipping option during checkout. Shop early, save now!
November 6, 2013
Use our new Live Help feature!
Now it’s even easier than ever before to reach a friendly Customer Care representative online. Simply look for the green icon on the left side of the website and a helpful agent will be available to answer your questions. And best of all, Live Help is available during the holiday season seven days a week, from 7:00 am ET to 1:00 am ET. Click to get started today!
August 28, 2013
This back-to-school season, the ‘App-ologist’ for WCET – Higher Education gives us a list of teaching and learning mobile apps (all devices) for the start of the Fall Semester. Click here to read some of the ways your kid can use his or her mobile device to enrich the learning process!
What apps does your kid use for educational purposes? Let us know in the comments section!
July 23, 2013
What do you get when you combine the lightning-fast data speeds kids want with the safe, filtered service parents love? 4G LTE on Kajeet!
Here are three Android™ smartphones, brand new to Kajeet, that support a lightning-fast 4G LTE data connection:
Learn more about 4G LTE on Kajeet here!
*Mobile hotspot functionality will not work on Android devices enabled with 4G LTE. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
The FOX43 channel recently did a segment on the best products to keep kids busy this summer. Reyne Rice, Daily Lounge toy and game contributor, loves Kajeet’s affordable plans, our Bring Your Own Sprint® Device program, and the simplicity of our parental controls.
Click here to watch the full video!
May 17, 2013
Lower prices, wider phone and app selection, faster operating speeds, bigger screens – these are all reasons why an Android™ phone is the smartest phone for your kid! Make the right choice for your kid today and get your Android™ from Kajeet, the smart phone for kids™ – all of which are 15% OFF when you use promo code GRAD15 during checkout! Click here to save big on your kid’s smartphone today!
What sets Android™ smartphones apart from their competitors?
- A better selection of FREE apps (through the Google Play store)
- A broader spectrum of phones and more variety in color
- Faster processing speeds and higher storage capacity (SD-card compatible)
- Customizable homescreen
And much, much more – plus peace of mind with Kajeet SmartBlocker™, a free parental control that allows parents to block websites they feel are inappropriate for their children to view on some of today’s most popular Android™ handsets!
Act now and take 15% OFF your Android™ smartphone from Kajeet today with promo code GRAD15!
Promo code GRAD15 is valid through 6/30/13 and applies to cell phones only. Phone availability is subject to change, limited time offer.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
In the wake of technology’s ever-expanding potential, the safe mobile broadband of Kajeet SmartSpot™ is reconciling a digital schism in education and bridging the gap between privileged and low-income students, an issue which this 2013 Pew Research survey of more than 2,400 middle school and high school Advanced Placement (AP) and National Writing Project (NWP) teachers confirms. Here are a few of the survey’s most eye-opening findings:
- More than half (54%) of teachers say all or almost all of their students have sufficient access to digital tools at school, but only a fifth of these teachers (18%) say all or almost all of their students have access to the digital tools they need at home.
- 39% of teachers of low-income students say their school is “behind the curve” when it comes to effectively using digital tools in the learning process; just 15% of teachers of higher income students rate their schools poorly in this area.
- 49% of teachers of students living in low income households say their school’s use of Internet filters has a “major impact” on their teaching.
- 92% of teachers say the Internet has a “major impact” on their ability to access content, resources, and materials for their teaching.
- 73% of teachers say students use their mobile phones in the classroom or to complete assignments, and 45% report they or their students use e-readers and 43% use tablet computers in the classroom or to complete assignments.
- 42% of teachers say their students usually know more than they do when it comes to using new digital technologies. Just 18% feel they know more than their students.
Responses like these affirm that there are three things every 21st century student needs: access, mobility, and filtering — all of which are encompassed by Kajeet SmartSpot™!
In today’s smartphone age, kids who stream, surf, and socialize almost exclusively on their mobile devices are increasingly adding schoolwork to that list!
The TRU organization, which specializes in data on tweens, teens and young adults, conducted a national online poll of 1,000 students and found smartphones are used at home for schoolwork by 39 percent of 11 to 14 year olds! In addition, 31 percent of those surveyed said they do assignments on a tablet. The research also shows that smartphone usage increases with age, rising from 42 percent for sixth graders to 57 percent for eighth graders. And, perhaps most significantly, students questioned in the poll said they are excited about using mobile devices — that they help them learn math and sciences better!
This poll should come as great news — kids are embracing mobile technology at home and in schools. The problem, however, is that many students are on the wrong side of the “digital divide,” lacking access to up-to-date devices and the mobile connections that support them. Kajeet SmartSpot™ helps school districts close the divide by providing safe and affordable off-site internet connection to students in need. Soon, we will enable education even further with our consumer service, helping kids and schools move towards our inevitable destination: advanced technology and mobile broadband as a part of every child’s education.