December 3, 2012
If you made someone’s holiday happy this year with a cell phone from kajeet — or if you received one — the first thing you need to do is to activate it. And this can be done entirely online, whether you purchased a phone from our website or will be bringing your own used, inactive Sprint® device. To help, we’ve provided the answers to some frequently asked questions below:
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased. If you are bringing your own eligible device (learn more about this program here), you will be prompted to select a rate plan at this time.
The phone I want to activate is for a NEW kajeet user (someone who has not had a kajeet phone before). What do I do?
Activating your kajeet phone is easy! Click here to get started. Be sure to have the phone you are activating with you (whether it was purchased from our website or you are activating a used, inactive Sprint® device), as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I’m already a kajeet customer. I want to transfer my current kajeet service to a new/different phone. What do I do?
If you are bringing your own device, please contact our Customer Care team at 1-866-452-5338.
If you purchased a new device from kajeet, just follow these steps to switch your current service to a new/diferent phone (for an existing kajeet user):
1. Log into kajeet here.
2. Go to your Account Summary page. Scroll down the page to access the “Add a Phone” tab, as shown below.
4. You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new phone handy during this process!).
What if I am moving/porting my existing cell phone number to kajeet?
You will need to contact kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies, and they are all busy at this time of year).
How can I reach kajeet Customer Care and what are the kajeet holiday Care hours?
Our Customer Care team is available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET and on Saturday from 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET. Our Care department can be reached at 1-866-452-5338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking care personnel the day off with their families.
Our Holiday Care Hours are as follows:
- Saturday, December 22: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Sunday, December 23: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Monday, December 24: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Tuesday, December 25: CLOSED
- Wednesday, December 26: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Thursday, December 27: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Friday, December 28: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Saturday, December 29: 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET
Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online!
Sprint is a trademark of Sprint.
February 16, 2012
A recent article in the Wall Street Journal revealed that kids today are getting less sleep than recommended – and suggests that advances in new technology may partially be at fault. No longer are books and radio considered the main culprits. Now television, the Internet and cell phone activity are what researchers believe are causing kids to get less sleep – and late night texts, calls or emails certainly don’t help (something our free parental controls can prevent!).
Do cell phones keep your kids up late? How do you manage this?
November 29, 2011
Missed out on our Cyber Monday cell phone specials?
It’s not too late to save! Starting today, you can take an additional 10% off your phone purchase when you use promo code FROSTY during checkout.
Check out these great deals, available now!
- LG Rumor 2 – Regularly priced at $199.99, on sale for HALF OFF, just $99.99. Use promo code FROSTY and this phone is only $89.99.
- Sanyo 2700 – Regularly priced at $149.99, on sale for just $89.99. Use promo code FROSTY and this phone is only $80.99.
- LG Rumor Touch – Regularly priced at $249.99, on sale for just $194.99. Use promo code FROSTY and this phone is only $175.49.
November 28, 2011
It’s a Cyber Monday spectacular!
Today is the last day you can save 15% on a cell phone for your kid when you use promo code TURKEY during checkout. Our Cyber Monday specials include discounts on the LG Optimus S™, the Samsung Replenish™, the LG Rumor 2, the Samsung Seek, the Sanyo 2700, the LG Rumor Touch and more! Check out our entire lineup of kids cell phones here.
Act fast to save 15% on your purchase – the TURKEY promo code expires at midnight on November 28, 2011 (and with deals so great, we can’t promise there will be any leftovers!).
November 25, 2011
Don’t miss out on these amazing cell phone specials for your kid! Choose from the following:
- LG Optimus S Android™ Smartphone – Regularly priced at $299.99, on sale for just $209.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $178.49!
- Samsung Replenish Android™ Smartphone – Regularly priced at $339.99, on sale for just $249.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $212.49!
- Samsung Seek – Regularly priced at $249.99, on sale for just $149.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $127.49!
- LG 102 – Regularly priced at $34.99, on sale for just $19.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $16.99!
Plus, we’ve got great deals on the LG Rumor Touch, the LG Remarq, the LG Rumor 2 and more! Click here to see our complete lineup of cell phones for kids.
Grab one of these great deals – and get free USPS Priority shipping – today! But hurry – the TURKEY promo code expires on November 28, 2011!
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
November 24, 2011
Start gobbling up those holidays savings early! Starting today (on Thanksgiving!), you can save 15% on any kids cell phone on our website, including those that are already on sale!
Just use promo code TURKEY during checkout and you’ll receive 15% off your purchase. Plus, you can also take advantage of free USPS Priority shipping for a limited time. Check out our full lineup of phones here!
And – best of all – the savings last all weekend long! The TURKEY promo code is valid through Monday, November 28, 2011 and USPS Priority shipping is free through Saturday, December 24, 2011. But act fast! Cell phones for kids make great holiday presents and they’re sure to go fast.
November 22, 2011
This holiday season, there’s one gift that every kid is sure to ask his or her parents about: a cell phone! But before parents embark on their holiday shopping, they’re looking closely at what features are provided by various cell phone services.
The San Luis Obispo Tribune recently provided a checklist for what’s important when getting your kid a cell phone, including parental controls, a GPS locator and prepaid plans. Kajeet has all of this and more, which is why the Tribune lists it as a top-rated cell phone service for kids! Click here to read the entire story.