February 16, 2012
A recent article in the Wall Street Journal revealed that kids today are getting less sleep than recommended – and suggests that advances in new technology may partially be at fault. No longer are books and radio considered the main culprits. Now television, the Internet and cell phone activity are what researchers believe are causing kids to get less sleep – and late night texts, calls or emails certainly don’t help (something our free parental controls can prevent!).
Do cell phones keep your kids up late? How do you manage this?
November 25, 2011
Don’t miss out on these amazing cell phone specials for your kid! Choose from the following:
- LG Optimus S Android™ Smartphone – Regularly priced at $299.99, on sale for just $209.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $178.49!
- Samsung Replenish Android™ Smartphone – Regularly priced at $339.99, on sale for just $249.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $212.49!
- Samsung Seek – Regularly priced at $249.99, on sale for just $149.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $127.49!
- LG 102 – Regularly priced at $34.99, on sale for just $19.99. Use promo code TURKEY during checkout and this phone will only cost $16.99!
Plus, we’ve got great deals on the LG Rumor Touch, the LG Remarq, the LG Rumor 2 and more! Click here to see our complete lineup of cell phones for kids.
Grab one of these great deals – and get free USPS Priority shipping – today! But hurry – the TURKEY promo code expires on November 28, 2011!
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
November 22, 2011
This holiday season, there’s one gift that every kid is sure to ask his or her parents about: a cell phone! But before parents embark on their holiday shopping, they’re looking closely at what features are provided by various cell phone services.
The San Luis Obispo Tribune recently provided a checklist for what’s important when getting your kid a cell phone, including parental controls, a GPS locator and prepaid plans. Kajeet has all of this and more, which is why the Tribune lists it as a top-rated cell phone service for kids! Click here to read the entire story.
October 6, 2011
It comes in red and in silver; it’s almost a steal.
The kajeet Samsung m300 camera phone is this weekend’s special deal!
Act fast to take advantage of this limited time offer on the kajeet Certified Refurbished Samsung m300 camera phone. Regularly priced at $44.99, you can now get this already-affordable handset for just $29.99. This popular phone includes:
- A 4x digital zoom camera with self portrait capability
- Voice dialing and voice memo functionality
- A speakerphone and Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling
- Free, unlimited kajeet parental controls
Click here to get your phone today (Hurry! This special deal expires on 10/9/11).
September 20, 2011
The buzz is out!
Kajeet was recently featured in an article in the Sacramento Bee that addressed what parents may want to consider before getting their kid his or her first cell phone. Among the many topics discussed were ways parents can manage cell phone use – and how kajeet makes this simple with our free parental controls. Click here to see what else makes kajeet a popular pick for parents!
June 27, 2011
Shine, a website from Yahoo, recently showcased kajeet as favorite cell phone option for teens and tweens.
Among the features highlighted were kajeet’s kid-friendly phones (specifically our popular Samsung Seek), our GPS Phone Locator service, affordable plan prices and free, online parental controls. Check out what else the tech-savvy mom author had to say about kajeet here!
June 24, 2011
Is your kid connected in the classroom?
If not, it likely won’t be long before he or she is. Recent data reveals that more and more schools and libraries expect to implement or expand their use of digital textbooks or wireless devices sooner rather than later. And as technology continues to grow, so does the need for a safe, secure mobile solution in the classroom.
Michael Flood, Vice President, Education Markets of Kajeet for Education, recently shared his views on why mobile should be a top priority with EdNET Insight. A leader in K-12 and higher education technology, Michael explained how the growth of new school, district, state and federal strategies, mobile devices and platforms are causing students, educators and parents to start looking at learning in new ways.
Click here to read more about what Michael believes is ahead for mobile technology and education – and let us know what you think about it!
June 22, 2011
That you’ll save some money! For a limited time, take half off any of our kajeet Certified Refurbished LG Rumors when you use promo code SUNNY. A perfect gift for your grad, choose from a variety of colors, including black, green, white and orange. This popular phone features:
- A sliding QWERTY keyboard, perfect for texting
- A 1.3 megapixel camera and camcorder
- A large, 2″ color display
- A built-in MP3 player
- Bluetooth technology for safe, hands-free usage
- A microSD card slot to store thousands of songs and pictures
- And more!
Click here to start shopping – and saving with promo code SUNNY – today!
* SUNNY promo code expires on 8/2/11
November 30, 2010
If you got someone a kajeet cell phone for the holidays, or if you received one, the first thing you need to do is to activate your phone. You can do this entirely online! Need help? Just reference our FAQs below:
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased.
The phone I want to activate is for a NEW kajeet user (someone who has not had a kajeet phone before). What do I do?
Activating your phone is easy! Click here to get started. Be sure to have the kajeet phone you are activating with you, as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I’m already a kajeet customer. I want to transfer my current kajeet service to a new/different phone. What do I do?
To switch your current service to a new phone (for an existing kajeet user), just follow these steps:
1. Log into kajeet here.
2. Go to your Account Summary page. Scroll down the page to access the “Add a Phone” tab, as shown below.
3. Click on the “Add a Phone” tab. You will see an option that reads “Replace a Phone.” Click on the link right underneath (the one we circled below).
4. You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new kajeet phone handy during this process!).
What if I am moving/porting my existing cell phone number to kajeet?
You will need to contact kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies and they are all busy at this time of year).
How can I reach kajeet Customer Care and what are the kajeet holiday Care hours?
Our Care department can be reached at 1-866-452-5338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking care personnel the day off with their families.
Our Holiday Care Hours are as follows:
- Monday, December 6 – Friday, December 10: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, December 11: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Monday, December 13 – Friday, December 17: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, December 18: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Monday, December 20 – Wednesday, December 22 – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, December 23 – Friday, December 24: 8:00 am to 12:00 am
- Saturday, December 25: closed
- Sunday, December 26 – Tuesday, December 28: 8:00 am to 12:00 am
- Wednesday, December 29 – Friday, December 31 – 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online!
If you decided to give a kajeet phone as a gift this holiday, we thank you! Have a happy holiday!
November 30, 2010
Still looking for that perfect holiday gift and great savings? Starting today, you can save 10% on any kajeet phone on our website (including those we’ve already put on sale!).
Just use promo code GIFT10 during checkout. And in addition to your 10% discount, you’ll also be able to take advantage of free shipping for a limited time. Find the perfect cell phone for your kid at kajeet!