December 16, 2009
by Carol Politi
How much does it cost to get kajeet for an entire family? Combine the new Parent Plans we are testing with our kid-optimized rate plans and it’s the most affordable solution around.
1) Family with 3 communicators (e.g., family with a parent and two teens who are all social): ~$80/month
- Parent uses the kajeet unlimited Talk and Text plan – $49.99 per month
- Each teen uses our 60 anytime minute/unlimited text plan: $14.99 per month per line
Total? Only ~$80/month for 3 lines for heavy communicators! And the teens can use more minutes for only 10 cents per minute (or they can upgrade to our $19.99 plan and get an additional 90 anytime minutes for just $5 more).
2) Family with 3 light communicators (e.g., a mom with modest usage and two kids that each use 20 minutes and 20 texts per month): ~$36/month
- Parent uses the kajeet Parent 500 minutes and 100 texts plan: $19.99 per month
- Each kid uses the kajeet $4.99 Basic Plan (with 10 included minutes). They take advantage of the low 10 cent rate for additional minutes/texts to purchase 10 extra minutes and 20 texts. Each spends only $7.99/month
Total? Only ~$36 per month for 3 lines! Plus, you can change plans at any time – and there are no annual contracts.
Who wants to worry about what cell phone company their friends (or kids’ friends) have? And who wants to be concerned with exactly how many minutes everyone in the family is using at any point in time just to make sure you don’t get hit with expensive overages?
Those days are ending with affordable pay as you go plans. And kajeet allows you to manage them all from a single account. Simple.
What’s the catch? Well, for now this is a test of kajeet Parent Plans, so it is a limited time offer. You must sign up for a Parent Plan before 1/26/10 to take advantage of these plans. If you are a new customer, this means you need to purchase by 1/5/09 in order to get your phone, activate it, and select the plan.
If you want to take advantage of our parent plan options, call care at 1-866-452-5338 to purchase your phone or select your plan. (If you prefer to purchase online, select “this is a gift” during purchase and call care to activate and get put on these Parent Test plans.) As always, if things go well with the test we consider making these plans part of our standard rate plan options.
Thoughts? We appreciate your comments and feedback on all our plans.