November 25, 2013
Did you know that Kajeet provides not one, but two easy (and free!) ways to manage your kid’s text messaging?
- If you want to designate specific phone numbers your kid can (and cannot) communicate with, use Contact Manager.
- If you want to disable text messaging entirely, this option is available in Feature Manager.
Whichever way you prefer, you can always make changes to your account settings as desired. Log in today and check it out!
February 16, 2012
A recent article in the Wall Street Journal revealed that kids today are getting less sleep than recommended – and suggests that advances in new technology may partially be at fault. No longer are books and radio considered the main culprits. Now television, the Internet and cell phone activity are what researchers believe are causing kids to get less sleep – and late night texts, calls or emails certainly don’t help (something our free parental controls can prevent!).
Do cell phones keep your kids up late? How do you manage this?
June 27, 2011
Shine, a website from Yahoo, recently showcased kajeet as favorite cell phone option for teens and tweens.
Among the features highlighted were kajeet’s kid-friendly phones (specifically our popular Samsung Seek), our GPS Phone Locator service, affordable plan prices and free, online parental controls. Check out what else the tech-savvy mom author had to say about kajeet here!
December 29, 2010
Look at how many text messages teenagers send out a day! It is hard to believe! Kids just really love to stay in touch with their friends at all times. While it is certainly an intimidating statistic when buying a cell phone service for your family, our unlimited text plans allows your kids to text to their heart’s content without the danger of out-of-control phone bills. Here is a quick look at our new family-friendly cell phone plans for kids:
- $14.99/month – Unlimited Texting & 60 Anytime Talk Minutes
- $19.99/month – Unlimited Texting, Picture Messages & 150 Anytime Talk Minutes
- $24.99/month – Unlimited Texting, Picture Messages, GPS Phone Locates & 300 Anytime Talk Minutes
- $50/month – Unlimited Texting, Picture Messages, GPS Phone Locates, and Talk minutes!
November 23, 2010
Now available – new and improved monthly rate plans!
We’ve listened to your feedback and have enhanced our service plans with the features you’ve told us would benefit you the most. And with a variety of price points to choose from, there’s surely a plan that meets the needs of every kid on kajeet.
Affordable and flexible, take a closer look at some of the enhancements we’ve made:
- $19.99 a month: Includes unlimited texting, unlimited picture messaging and 150 anytime minutes (don’t worry, parents – you can still manage picture messaging usage with FeatureManager, one of our free parental controls).
- $24.99 a month: Includes unlimited texting, unlimited picture messaging, unlimited GPS locates and 300 anytime minutes. Our best value! Your kids get the text and talk time they want; parents get the added assurance provided by our GPS Phone Locator.
- $50 a month: Includes unlimited texting, unlimited picture messaging, unlimited GPS locates and unlimited talk time. Perfect for the kid (or the parent!) who loves to talk and text.
Plus, all of our plans come with the free, unlimited parental controls that make kajeet the safest cell phone service for kids.
Check out our service plans page today to learn more. And let us know what you think!
October 8, 2010
When is it okay to let your child get a cell phone?
This was just one of the many questions a group of experts addressed on this morning’s Today Show on NBC. And while the exact age itself was debated, the panelists were in agreement that features like parental controls made the decision easier.
“One really great kid-friendly service is called kajeet and you can do everything online,” said Elizabeth Shaw, Executive Editor of Parenting Magazine. And we couldn’t agree more!
How old was your child when you gave him or her a cell phone?
June 11, 2010
- An integrated sliding QWERTY keyboard
- A 1.3 megapixel camera/camcorder
- A 2” color LCD screen
- A built-in MP3 player
- A microSD card slot to hold thousands of songs and pictures
- Speakerphone and Bluetooth technology
- Free, unlimited parental controls
- And more!
And coming soon – the first kajeet touch screen phone, sure to set off fireworks this Fourth of July!
Which color is your favorite? Let us know!