December 3, 2012
If you made someone’s holiday happy this year with a cell phone from kajeet — or if you received one — the first thing you need to do is to activate it. And this can be done entirely online, whether you purchased a phone from our website or will be bringing your own used, inactive Sprint® device. To help, we’ve provided the answers to some frequently asked questions below:
What is “activation?”
Prior to use, each kajeet account needs to be set up with parent (or guardian) information and assigned a phone number. Once you activate your phone, you will automatically be enrolled in the rate plan you chose when the phone was purchased. If you are bringing your own eligible device (learn more about this program here), you will be prompted to select a rate plan at this time.
The phone I want to activate is for a NEW kajeet user (someone who has not had a kajeet phone before). What do I do?
Activating your kajeet phone is easy! Click here to get started. Be sure to have the phone you are activating with you (whether it was purchased from our website or you are activating a used, inactive Sprint® device), as you will need information found on the handset for the first step.
I’m already a kajeet customer. I want to transfer my current kajeet service to a new/different phone. What do I do?
If you are bringing your own device, please contact our Customer Care team at 1-866-452-5338.
If you purchased a new device from kajeet, just follow these steps to switch your current service to a new/diferent phone (for an existing kajeet user):
1. Log into kajeet here.
2. Go to your Account Summary page. Scroll down the page to access the “Add a Phone” tab, as shown below.
4. You will be asked to select the phone you would like to replace/upgrade (in the event you have multiple phones on your account) and for the ESN or MEID of your phone (be sure to have your new phone handy during this process!).
What if I am moving/porting my existing cell phone number to kajeet?
You will need to contact kajeet Customer Care if you are porting (moving) a number from another cell phone service provider to kajeet. Have a copy of your bill and/or account login information with you when you contact kajeet Customer Care. While we are working to make this process as fast as possible, it can take up to 3-4 days to port a number (we are dependent upon other telecommunications companies, and they are all busy at this time of year).
How can I reach kajeet Customer Care and what are the kajeet holiday Care hours?
Our Customer Care team is available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET and on Saturday from 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET. Our Care department can be reached at 1-866-452-5338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kajeet Customer Care is closed on Christmas Day to give our hardworking care personnel the day off with their families.
Our Holiday Care Hours are as follows:
- Saturday, December 22: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Sunday, December 23: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Monday, December 24: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Tuesday, December 25: CLOSED
- Wednesday, December 26: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Thursday, December 27: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Friday, December 28: 9:00 am ET to 10:00 pm ET
- Saturday, December 29: 9:00 am ET to 6:00 pm ET
Care is already busy and we do expect them to continue to be busy after the holidays. Avoid the wait and activate online!
Sprint is a trademark of Sprint.